The Medical Imaging team members work in partnership with other workforce groups to facilitate best care for ED patients. They provide clinical expertise for diagnostic imaging examinations, and radiation safety. This is a quick reference guide, for further information please refer to supporting documents listed below.
Radiology Registrars are health care professionals who undertake and interpret imaging examinations to aid diagnosis and patient care.
- Interpret Imaging examinations to aid diagnosis and patient care
- Conduct therapeutic imaging to enable patient treatment.
- Provide Radiation safety advice
- Protocol and prioritise imaging examinations based on clinical criteria
- Create a positive working environment by fostering teamwork and collaboration
- Practice in accordance with AHPRA and RANZCR guidelines
- Demonstrate Western Health Medical Imaging CARES values, and ensure valid consent at every patient interaction
- Operate within current scope of practice and competency / credentialing level at all times