The Medical Imaging team members work in partnership with other workforce groups to facilitate best care for Emergency Department patients.
The Medical Imaging assistant (MIA) provides patient transport, patient set up assistance and administrative support to the on duty Medical Imaging team. This is a quick reference guide, for further information please refer to supporting documentation listed.
MIA’s provide support to facilitate timely and seamless imaging examinations within the ED and Main radiology departments.
- Provide transport to and from Medical Imaging Examinations
- Assists by preparing the patient for the imaging procedure.
- Provide administrative and other support to Medical Imaging team members
- Create a positive working environment by fostering teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrate Western Health Medical Imaging CARES values
- Operate within current scope of practice and competency/credentialing level at all times
- Contactable via the Medical Imaging phone directory