The Medical Imaging team members work in partnership with other workforce groups to facilitate best care for ED patients. Sonographers provide clinical expertise for diagnostic imaging utilising Ultrasound. This is a quick reference guide, for further information please refer to supporting documentation listed below.
Sonographers are health care professionals who produce and interpret ultrasound images to aid diagnosis and patient care.
- Produce imaging to aid diagnosis and patient care
- Create a positive working environment by fostering teamwork and collaboration
- Practice in accordance with ASUM, ASA, and ASAR guidelines
- Demonstrate Western Health Medical Imaging CARES values, and ensure valid consent at every patient interaction
- Operate within current scope of practice and competency/ credentialing level at all times
- Support training and credentialing of other health care professionals in Diagnostic Ultrasound