March 08, 2021
Riskman – How are we doing?
Graph 1: Riskmans per-month by emergency department/Short Stay Unit.
Like or Dislike?
The Western Health Emergency Medicine program generates over 250 Riskmans per month. This is a lot of data, and while we like and recognise and the volume of entries as staff being engaged in the quality and safety systems of the department. We do see room for improvement and we ask staff to consider the quality of entries. A few quick tips:
- Refrain from using other staff members names.
- Stick to the facts – try to recount the incidents as they happen.
- Try to avoid emotional statements.
- Write clearly and concisely.
- Proofread and review your entry.
- Ask yourself – would my manager understand the issues from reviewing this entry?