September 27, 2021
Nursing Post Graduate Scholarship 2022
Western Health is currently offering Registered Nurses with acute/emergency experience a rare $10,000 scholarship opportunity to undertake a Postgraduate Certificate in Critical Care Nursing (Emergency).
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- minimum of 12 months recent acute experience
- Proven ability to work independently with initiative, as well as collaboratively and respectively within a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate critical thinking abilities, prioritisation and communication skills, whilst effectively following directions
- Established commitment to continuing professional development
- Able to work a rotating roster (including night duty and weekends)
- Previous emergency department experience highly regarded
Applications close 1st October, 2021.
For more information, please see your nurse education team or click here to review the position details on e-recruit today!
SHED Expansion – New Resuscitation Area
SHED Expansion Stage 3 will reach completion this Wednesday 29th September, with the opening of the New Resuscitation Area.
We encourage all staff to complete the WeLearn modules available to assist with orientating to this new space.
For those directly involved with opening day, a copy of the recorded webinar can be sent to you to assist you in your role by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Take Home Naloxone Project – Sunshine ED
A new quality improvement project at Sunshine Hospital Emergency Department aims to expand the provision of a potentially life-saving medication for the emergency treatment of opioid overdose.
Underpinned by the Western Health Best Care framework, this project is a collaboration between Drug Health Services, Pharmacy, and Emergency Medicine, and aims to address an unmet need in a vulnerable population.
This project will begin on Friday 1st October 2021, and run for 18 months. For more information, click here.
EDucation & QRG’s
Please find the latest ED QRG updates below:
Managing Delirium Within the Emergency Department QRG
Ambulant Triage Streaming of COVID Positive – SCOVID and Low-Risk COVID to SHED waiting areas QRG
Please find the latest COVID QRG updates below:
COVID-19 Testing Criteria, Risk Categorisation, De-isolation and Bed Allocation Guideline
Admission and transfer of Residential Aged Care Facility residents to and from Western Health services QRG
For the latest COVID updates, please visit the COVID microsite regularly here.
Know a deserving individual? Click here to submit a nomination today!
– Be safe – be smart – be kind, the unitED Team –
– To review previous issues of the Weekly Update, please see here. –
Weekly Update SHED Expansion Project News