The BAR nurse is responsible for the management and cares of patients transferred to the Behaviour Assessment Room in collaboration with EMH, Medical team and ANUM.
- The primary responsibility of the BAR nurse will be providing bedside care to BAR patients
- Administering medication as requested by medical team
- Performing simple procedures such as wound dressing/venepuncture
- Documenting care, assessments and observations as per the Mental Health Act 2014.
- Escalation of deteriorating patients
- Liaise with security staff to ensure the safety of staff and patients within the BAU
- Provide compassionate and effective communication to patients and carers
- De-escalation of behaviours of concern in conjunction with multi disciplinary team